Bob has Made His Choice
And it looks like I will be going to prom with my cousin Floyd again this year. (It's okay. He likes the mullet.) I know the point of these awards is to gain exposure and new reads and readers and that has been accomplished, in a big way.
After over a month of waiting to see what would happen, I had convinced myself that I didn't care if I won or even placed in the top three. Well, I thought wrong. It's sort of fun to win….and sort of not as much not to. I would be lying if I didn't admit I feel a little humdrum not to be standing on the podium today. Ah, well. There's still a big baby in me somewhere (no I'm not pregnant!) who needs a swift kick in the pants.
It's been a great experience though and I'm so glad Caryn found my site and liked it enough to send in a nomination. She's long been one of my favorite reads as well.
What I've learned through awards processes (pronounce - 'pro-sess-eez') during the past 6 months:
1. I can win Christian awards.
2. I cannot hold onto Christian awards.
3. Some people will always like me.
4. There are more good people in the world than the other kind.
5. You can make it pretty far in the BoBs with a few wisecracks and a floating head.
6. You can't make it all the way to the top with a few wisecracks and a floating head.
I'm pretty sure this is the end of the awards line for my little blog. I'm not edgy, deep, or experienced enough to be a contender in the bigger contests and that's okay.
Now that the pressure's off and the twinge has subsided, maybe I can get down to some serious kick-butt blogging - mommy-style.
Thanks to everybody who voted and encouraged me. It's been a ride.