On Her Flying Trapeze

Monday, December 19, 2005

Ding! Ding! Round 2

Liz just asked about this comment:

Jim Turner said...
Congrats on your nomination for the BoB Awards. Good Luck!

What? Is this guy behind the times? Did he miss out on BoB-Gate 2005? Yes, he probably did miss out on BoB-Gate, the fiasco that wasn't, but no he is not out to lunch (at least I don't think so. What kind of a name is Jim? He will henceforth be referred to only as JT on this blog.).

This is round 2. This is a nomination for Best of Blogs, a contest that started last year to recognize smaller blogs. I've found some of my favorite blogs by looking at the finalists from 2004. It's a great little competition so go and nominate someone you love. I plan to. (Oh, HUD! Dan doesn't have a blog. Well, I'll nominate someone I like then. Dan will just get an extra squidge when/if he comes home. Now seriously, did you think I'd be blogging if he were here right now?)

I've been nominated in the Humor and New blog categories. I'm not expecting much to come from this but it feels nice whenever someone says they like me in a public forum. I was nominated for a Weblog Award recently by some uber-nice anonymous reader (you know who you are, right? And thanks, yo!) but didn't pass the judges' inspection or didn't get enough nominations so I didn't make it to the finalist stage. Ah well.

I guess I should stop this expository nonsense and post something hilarious.....just in case JT is watching.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Galo said...

I actually found your blog through all the hullaballoo raised about the Blogs of Beauty awards. I've since added yours to my blogroll.

And by the way, the "At least 20 people on the internet think my mom's funny" award is really fantastic. You must have some sweet kids.

I really do enjoy your writing, and I hope the well-earned recognition your blog is getting serves to encourage rather than to stress!

12/19/2005 8:59 PM

 
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I also found your blog through the "BOB-Gate." I'm glad that some good has come out of it for you--you've gained readers who are willing to be moved by your stories and sentiments, no matter what their faith.

12/20/2005 4:47 AM

 
Blogger blackbird said...

...just sitting here...looking at the ceiling...and, you know, not being nominated for ANYTHING.

12/20/2005 4:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home