On Her Flying Trapeze

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

This Just In

I haven't done laundry in a while. I usually have a regular laundry day but the problem is, we have way too much underwear lately so I've been able to put it off a little longer than usual.

We're down to the almost-too-tight jeans, the makes-me-look-fat t-shirts (not because I am, just because they're poorly designed, of course), the beach towels, and the really really small bibs.

I just put one of them on Magoo for his midnight carrot snack and handed him to DY Dad for the feeding.

Magoo: Heh heh heh
Dan: That's not a BIB! That's like a Victoria's Secret bib. It's like a string around his neck!

Note to self: Do laundry tomorrow.

In other news, Jack has passed away. We had a small funeral for him and a serious, look-me-in-the-eyes-when-I’m-being-this-serious, talk about death with Laylee, explaining that it’s just his body now and that his spirit has left. Then we sang a song about the beauty of God's creations and flushed him.

Her response?

“Can we get another one?”

Haaahhhhhhhhh (loud breath out).

The next day when her little friends, the 4 Moseses (Mosesus? Mosesi? Mosi?), asked where the fishy was, I told them we flushed him down the toilet so he could live with Nemo and Marlin. THIS, they could grasp onto. THIS made sense.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kenji JB said...

I like the name mosesses...(lol) here in the Middle East we started hanging out in your post. I already talked to atleast 4 of my mormon friends about how fun, witty and have sense your blogs are. DYM, you remind me of my sister, of my sister-in-law, of my friend who got two kids trying to make life too... keep doing great! we are here around, both in the Middle East and in the Philippines, you've got some Filipino fans!

12/14/2005 2:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah. The toilet bowl ceremonies. Sometimes I think they are more for us as grown-ups than for the little ones we are trying to "spare pain". Of course with my pre-school fish, I just let them float all day - explaining to the "inquiring minds" that he was "just taking a long nap today. Maybe he has a cold." Then I'd slip out after school and buy a look-a-like. They never really looked that much alike, but no one seemed too stressed by the altered appearance. Heck, I say let their parents explain the concept of the "Here after" to them.

12/14/2005 4:17 AM

 
Blogger Elena LaVictoire said...

I haven't done laundry in a while. I usually have a regular laundry day but the problem is, we have way too much underwear lately so I've been able to put it off a little longer than usual.

Ya know, I've been known to go out and buy more underwear just to avoid doing laundry! : )

12/14/2005 6:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how popular the name "Nemo" is for goldfish these days! Our Nemo was recently buried in the garden. We had him for a whole year in a bowl without an aerator (airator?) whatever. I was surprised he lived a whole year...once he was floating upside down and barely "breathing" but I changed his water and he lived for another 3 months! Go figure.
When Nemo died, I put him in a zip lock bag in the fridge until we could get out to bury him. Rocky kept wanting to go into the fridge and touch him. He wants another one too.
I enjoy your blog!
God bless.

12/14/2005 6:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its Mosi.
Love you daring one

12/14/2005 8:15 AM

 
Blogger Heather said...

I also love you. I'll let you do laundry at my house. Heck, I might even help. Come and play, Kate-o!

12/14/2005 9:26 AM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

I'm so sad. Jack is the fish that brought me to your site in the first place. Alas, my betta is still alive and as grumpy as ever.

12/14/2005 10:13 AM

 
Blogger elliespen said...

Yes, well, my goldfish was suicidal and jumped out of the tank one morning. When my mom went to flush it we discovered that it "wasn't dead yet!" Which led to complications, as this fish was swimming around in the toilet and I didn't want my mom to flush it. It all ended happily though. Mostly because my mom loves me...

12/14/2005 3:29 PM

 
Blogger Kim said...

"(not because I am, just because they're poorly designed, of course)"

"I told them we flushed him down the toilet so he could live with Nemo and Marlin. THIS, they could grasp onto. THIS made sense."

Bahahaha!!! You funny.

12/14/2005 5:43 PM

 
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

I'm sorry Kelly, I should have sent you a personal email about Jack, considering how we met. That was thoughtless of me. :)

12/14/2005 6:34 PM

 
Blogger blackbird said...

gah!
I remember the days of the too small bibs...

I'll be right over and we'll throw a coupl'a loads in.

12/15/2005 3:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home