Tip Tuesday – Making Time for Yourself
We all know it’s important to take time that’s just for us, to recharge, to remember who we are, to have a teensy break from our 24/7 work schedules.
1. I go to desert and late night movies in the middle of the week with my girlfriends. We go after the kids are in bed so we can be crazy, eat fattening food, watch movies our husbands wouldn’t be caught dead seeing and relive those carefree high school days of girl bonding.
2. I take long hot baths. I fill the tub as hot as I can stand it, bring in a good book or a magazine, light some candles and soak until my husband feels the need to come in and check my pulse.
3. Early morning walks with a friend are wonderful once we’re up and out. We breathe in the fresh air, talk about the joys and frustrations of our lives, meet interesting people and start the day with a bang.
4. Teaching piano – I teach one student once a week while her sweet mother plays with my kids. (They pay me a fairly low amount, so it's not about the money, and should probably pay me nothing considering the free babysitting I'm getting out of it.) I love to teach and I consider this “me time.”
5. Book Club - reading the book, discussing online, meeting with friends once a month. Love it, love it love it.
What activities are important to you when you have a few minutes or a few hours all to yourself?
Why do you take this time?
How do you make it work with your family’s busy schedules?