On Her Flying Trapeze

Monday, November 21, 2005

Laughing all the Way to the Bank

I saw this picture on a website advertising home loans recently.

happy refi

Three questions came to mind.

1. Why didn’t anyone tell us a clandestine cameraman was taking our picture when we signed our first Mortgage?

2. Why did they change our hair colors in post-production and Photoshop all that extra arm hair on Dan? I mean, come on, he’s manly enough as it is. Let’s not get gratuitous here.

3. Why was no one there to photo document our recent refinance? I was laughing so hard at that signing that I couldn’t reach for Dan’s fur-covered arm in time. I fell flat on my face on the mahogany desk of our closing agent, smashing it into a million pieces and scattering papers everywhere, in a fit of hysterical I-can’t-believe-we’re-getting-such-a-great-deal-on-this-fabulous-mortgage-product laughter.

Now THAT would have been a great picture to show the joy of the home loan process, me lying in a pile of papers and rubble, snorting like a pig, while giddy Dan picked wood-chips out of my hair with abandon.

1 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

and I?
Nauseous with diarrhea...it's a safe bet I wil never be featured.

11/21/2005 1:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home