On Her Flying Trapeze

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

You-may-not-want-to-like-them-but-you-can't-stop-dancing

We’ve been having a dance party all day because I’m making a mix CD called, “Youmaynotwannalikethembutyoudoanyway Dance Songs."

This post goes along with Tip Tuesday because you need good dancin' music to clean anything.

Laylee has been very helpful in the song selection. BeeJees good - Dr. Dre bad. Kelly Clarkson good - Sugar Ray bad, Backstreet and NSYNC both got the thumbs up as well as Carole King and Coolio. She liked Ben Folds but not for dancing. There was a big fat pass on New Order and the Pet Shop Boys. Who can account for 2-year-old taste?

I squeezed in some U2, Dido, and Bob Marley but so far no Beatles tunes have made the cut. She's ruthless and a very skilled dancer.

We’ve made it through early MJ and on to Lauryn Hill and the Fugees. We were dancing to Killing me Softly when Laylee stopped me for a correction. “NO, he’s saying WOOD!” I say, “I think it says, ‘with his words’.” “No, he says, ‘Killing me softly with his WOOD!’” I don’t think that one’s going on the mix CD.

I would kill for some ABBA, Cake or Vanilla Ice right now. How about some Beastie Boys or Sublime without any nasty lyrics?

She keeps asking for Raffi and I keep telling her, "It's not that kind of CD."

In reality, when I actually listen to all the lyrics, Raffi's probably the only thing that will make it on the CD.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Bean is already rejecting tunes. At 15 months old, if I put on a tune that doesn't make her cut, she just keeps asking to dance, and looking at me like I'm from another planet.

:)

11/15/2005 4:37 PM

 
Blogger Christa said...

you crack me up. I'll take a copy of that CD, and it is 'killing me with his words... not WOOD. Silly rabbit.

11/17/2005 2:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home