On Her Flying Trapeze

Friday, November 25, 2005

Since Last We Spoke:

-House painted the color of Kraft Carmels and pumpkin pie. Yum.

-Decision made to try NANOWRIMO again when my kids are old enough for me to do it AND maintain my sanity. Sigh of relief.

-Laylee taken to the ER of Children’s Hospital on doctor’s orders. No good.

-Cleaned buckets of vomit out of car. Why did we opt not to take the ambulance again? No comment.

-Release from the hospital with semi-clean bill of health. Grateful.

-Thanksgiving with good friends, none of whom have children. Good times, great food, fun conversation.

-Time for our departure signaled by Laylee spilling beverage on host’s wireless keyboard. Sticky.

-2-year-old vomits buckets on white carpet of host, one inch from hardwood front entry on our way out the door. Cleaning bill to come.

-Falling down at midnight while getting ready for big shopping day, deciding to shop rather than see a doctor about my foot. Not smart, but very typical.

-Getting up at 4:00am to shop till I dropped. Invigorating.

-The deals, the glorious deals. Yippee!

-Bed and looking forward to a day of vomit-free relaxation tomorrow. Ahhhhh!

Sorry for this pathetic list. I promise I’ll be back soon with new info and some fun stories. ER, yadda, vomit, yadda holiday blah blah, nearly-broken-foot-that-still-hurts-to-put-weight-on blah blah …. Excuses, excuses.

We have so much to be grateful for. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Strangely enough, I did.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that is an eventful weekend. I hope Laylee is feeling better. Congrats on a successful shopping day!

11/26/2005 9:21 AM

 
Blogger bon said...

Ohhhh... you had LOADS more "fun" than I did this fine weekend!

11/26/2005 12:25 PM

 
Blogger bon said...

Plus...
come on OVER! We can have "little girl" chaos and Magoo too. email me yer eye-tinerary and we will party.

bon.mama@gmail.com

11/26/2005 12:27 PM

 
Blogger blackbird said...

gosh...it all sounds SO eventful --
I am happy to hear you sounding okay in spite of it all...

11/26/2005 4:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home