On Her Flying Trapeze

Saturday, November 26, 2005

It Doesn’t Show Signs of Stoppage

And I’ve Brought Some Corn for Poppage
But as long as you love me so
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

I am working on having the words to that song officially changed, bring it a little more up to date, yo.

It’s not snowing here and not likely to be - ever - but that doesn’t mean we’re not putting a “snowman day” on the ole’ advent calendar. We plan to drive up I-90 one Saturday this month until we find snow. We will then stop and build an environmentally friendly snowman and drive home for cocoa. I am pretty stoked about this lee-tle plan.

christmas soldierAlso on the calendar will be an outing to a local mall where we can “Experience the enchantment of Snowflake Lane where each night 60 live toy soldiers, music and a light show will brighten the night and warm your heart.”

I don’t know how “toy” soldiers can be “live” but I want my heart to be warmed and hey, it’s free.

Today saw the first installation of the Christmas Palace. It looks different this year with the new paint. It looks like we painted the walls all spicy and warm especially for the season. And I think we will keep this tradition up, painting the walls a different color each season......or each mood I’m in….not sure which yet.

The painting was completed just in time too. For the first time ever, Laylee colored all over the walls with black crayon. Dan made her wash it off and she could and she did and the peasants rejoiced.

Here is the nativity, complete with shepherds and completely suckable. Let's see how many times we can lose baby Jesus and have a meltdown this year.

christmas nat

This is the place where it looks like Christmas yorched on my bookshelves. I like it in a busy sort of way.

christmas palace

christmas layleeThis is the wall outside of Laylee’s room where I placed the big funky colored lights I love but don’t want to put anywhere in the house that might be visible to people other than the children. Tomorrow morning when she wakes up and sees this, she will lose her mind. Yes, she will no longer have any mind.







These are my favorite.

christmas mantel


Look closer.

christmas mittens


"Well, aren’t those mittens the cutest ever? Where did you get those?” you ask, “You could not possibly have made such an exquisite piece of handywork!”

“Why, yes I did.”

“Shut up!”

“No. I will not.”

Now for this doorway, we really need some sweet minizletoe. Anyone know where I can git me some?

christmas peace

Any excuse for some holiday action is a good excuse. That’s what my pappy always used to say.

11 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

Get thee to a florist for the kissing sprig.

The house looks great!

11/27/2005 4:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How festive! The mittens are extremely cute.

Sorry to hear about all the vomit. I hope Laylee's OK.

11/27/2005 6:29 AM

 
Blogger Nantie Meg said...

Pappy did say that. If you can't find mizzletow, a bunch of cilantro tied with a red ribbon works. no one ever looks that closely anyway.

11/27/2005 11:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The house looks great! Don't you just - love - love love Christmas? Oh, yes you do. Me too. As my Mommy used to always say, 'Any excuse to celebrate." And what could be better than Christmas. I may be old, but it's still magic!

11/27/2005 2:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get the whole set of little People Nativity?? I've seen the set without the shepherds. We want on just like yours.

Ortensia

11/27/2005 7:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We want ONE just like yours.

11/27/2005 7:33 PM

 
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

The shepherds are an add-on that you have to buy seperately from the fischer price web site. I was way excited when they came out this year.

11/27/2005 7:55 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Everything looks so great! I want me some of those big huge colored lights. We bought the F.P. nativity this year too. Love it love it. I also love the new wall color. It's faboolus.

11/27/2005 7:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crud. I almost laughed out loud as I read this...during class...instead of paying any sort of attention...Great decorations!

11/28/2005 7:31 AM

 
Blogger Heather said...

So cute! I am in the midst of the decorating mania myself. Fun, fun!

11/28/2005 9:12 AM

 
Blogger bon said...

beee-hoo-tee-full

11/28/2005 12:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home