On Her Flying Trapeze

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A Gift for the Sis

I was greatly maddened today when my sister, in the throws of a hard mommy day, accused me of having a house that’s "always perfectly clean." I like my house to be neat it’s true, but if I ever become one of “those people,” you have my permission to smash a large melon over my head and then wipe it all over my carpet. Then proceed to commit me to a mental institution because with 2 kids under the age of 3, are you kidding me? There is no real excuse for the state of my house today except - I’m having a great day. Today is a day of cuddling, napping, stories, playing and blogging. So here, for my sister’s enjoyment are the pictures I took while I was on the phone with her (btw, today was supposed be laundry day):
messy7 messy1 messy2 messy3 messy4messy6

Sorry to my Mom, Dan, and anyone else who taught me better or gets to come home and live here later this evening. I may clean it all up one day but right now I’m playing with the kids. (Well, right now I’m posting embarrassing pictures of my house. Stop yelling at me!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

You blessed woman. Thank you for making me feel like less of a failure.
I always tell people that a messy house makes other people feel good about theirs.

10/05/2005 7:45 PM

 
Blogger blackbird said...

um.
I
like
it.

10/06/2005 5:00 AM

 
Blogger Heather said...

Er... Thank you for the gift! I really appreciate it. My house is progressing right now, but a close-up photo would still show you the apple-goo from canning on my counters. :)

10/06/2005 11:59 AM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

hm. i have to say this. your house doesn't look all that messy. i've been acused of having a perpetually clean house too... and when it is "messy" it looks like yours. but from much experience... i have to tell you. your house just isn't messy in comparison with the rest of the world's population.

10/06/2005 6:11 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

just one thing to add...
i've done the visiting teaching thing. trust me. i know what messy looks like AND smells like!

10/06/2005 6:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait. Wait. I taught you better? I think I taught you perfect. "Clean great when you can, but keep your priorities in order." I think you've got it right. Remember the poem? "Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow - For babies grow up. We've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby. And babies don't keep." I think you've got it just right. Clean is good, but some days there are so many other things that are much more important. I'm happy you're raising my grandkids. You're doing great!

10/10/2005 5:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow can I have your mom??

I have the same way to thinking...the laundry will get put away, but playing with the kids is much more fun and not to mention rewarding!!!

11/17/2005 4:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home