On Her Flying Trapeze

Monday, September 26, 2005

How do I want to be treated?.....With Chocolate

The consequence for willfully throwing peas on the floor at dinner time and refusing to eat is – you get no treats at family home evening….. even if you helped make the brownies. How did I know that her pea throwing was willfull? Well announcing, “I’m throwing peas,” with a gleeful smile and a look of defiance in her eyes was a big hint. So I calmly let her know that she would be getting no FHE treats.

The lesson was on “understanding and being kind to those who are different” and we started with a scripture from Luke:

As ye would that men should do to you do ye also to them likewise. [Luke 6:31]

I explained to Little-C that this meant we needed to treat others the way we would like to be treated. She glanced towards the yummy-smelling kitchen, looked up at me mournfully and said, “I want to be treated!”

Conclusion – she still got nothing, but she did make me feel just a wee bit sorry for her.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if you would have given her the brownie had she said something like "Whirled peas! All we are saying is Give Peas a Chance!"

9/30/2005 3:34 AM

 
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Ha Ha. Chances are good she would have at least gotten "brownie points" for her wit.

9/30/2005 8:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home