On Her Flying Trapeze

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Good Things about Big Babies

I finally moved Big-O out of his infant carrier which he outgrew 2-months ago. This was scary because it meant I would have to hold him while doing my grocery shopping since he’s only 4-months old and there are no built-in infant carriers on the carts with the car attached to the front. Little-C must have one of these. Surprise surprise though, when you’re as big as a nine month old and have the strength of a 6-month old, you can totally sit up, strapped into the front of the cart. Yay!

shopping cartHe did start tilting to the side by the time we finished and as we left the grocery store, our hip black grandma checker gave Big-O mad props for his sweet “gangsta lean.” It’s funny what things will make you proud when you’re a mom.

It brought me back to those crazy days as a high school senior, driving around in my homey Dana’s maroon Taurus with the windows rolled down, slumping to the side to crank up the volume on the Warren-G. Sweet memories.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Seriously, he looks almost as old as Ellie. She's only about 5 pounds heavier than he is, and she's 14 months old. :) Whoa, there!

10/03/2005 4:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Kathryn! I found your blog via finslippy, I think. I initially read your letter to postpartum anxiety, which was great. I hope you're doing much better now. I have one child and experienced the same thing after his birth. I didn't find an email address on your site, but I'd like to ask you a few questions about your postpartum experiences, if you don't mind. My email address is surcieblog@typepad.com

10/05/2005 11:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home