On Her Flying Trapeze

Sunday, April 02, 2006

You’re Invited

This has been going on long enough. I think it’s time that we should meet. You didn’t show up at the top of the Space Needle on Valentine’s Day like I’d hoped so Beth, Karen, Karli, Heather and I have been plotting something a little more exotic in hopes of enticing you out of your little computer rooms and nursing loungers.

None of us are gonna be able to make it to the “big show” this summer but we’d still like to get together with a few of our bloggin’ homies. So, if you plan to be in Boise, ID on the evening of Saturday, May 20th and you’d like to join us for some dinner and child-free girl time "Bloggirl" style, email me and let me know so we can reserve a seat for you.

“Idaho?!” you ask. “It can’t be! I LOVE Idaho! I’ve been searching for the perfect opportunity to abandon my family for an evening and spend some quality time in the potato capitol of the US.” Well, call me your fairy-ever-lovin’-godmother. Bring me four mice and a pumpkin because May 20th is your lucky day.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like much fun! I'll check the dates. I should be around.

4/03/2006 6:49 AM

 
Blogger Rachelle said...

So cruel! I'm originally from Idaho and will be returning to the home territory a week later on the 27th. I shall miss the fun and excitement, but I know we all want to see pictures!

4/03/2006 7:48 AM

 
Blogger Goslyn said...

Idaho, huh? Can the my fairy-ever-lovin'-godmother conjure me a plane ticket?

:) Sounds like fun. I'll be excited to read about it.

4/03/2006 7:59 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

You know I'm coming.

4/03/2006 8:09 AM

 
Blogger smart mama said...

ah man how idaho has nothing on beantown

4/03/2006 8:17 AM

 
Blogger leeleebailey said...

Well, I was JUST there and won't be back until August. I grew up there, so who is it that has connections there? Always curious if I actually know some of you bloggers and not even know it! :)

4/03/2006 9:25 AM

 
Blogger owlhaven said...

I'm going to see if I can finangle it...email me some details

Mary, mom to many

4/03/2006 11:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drat. I'd love it, but a plane ticket from Oklahoma to Idaho is just too steep for this tightwad. But I'll be jealously waiting to hear all the details of the fun you girls have.

4/03/2006 11:40 AM

 
Blogger Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org said...

I saw your blog mentioned in the BabyTalk magazine that I received today. The article was about Blogging Mamas. Since I'm a blogging mama as well I thought I'd come over and see yours.

4/03/2006 11:49 AM

 
Blogger Shalee said...

How fun would that be!!! Too bad I'm stuck going to California...

Since I can't go, I'll live vicariously through all the good details of the visit.

4/03/2006 12:08 PM

 
Blogger Heth said...

Waaaah, I'll be sulking in Iowa that weekend. Can't wait to hear about it though.

4/03/2006 1:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But I am in South-East Asia!!! *wails*

4/03/2006 1:08 PM

 
Blogger Brooke said...

We could have it in my backyard!! (just kidding) I would love meet other blogging moms.

4/03/2006 3:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally scheming up a storm to make this happen.

4/03/2006 4:14 PM

 
Blogger Amy Linder said...

May 20th?! That's my birthday! And, hey, I've been to Iowa before, and that was pretty cool (in a "wow, this is much more diverse than I ever imagined it would be" kind of way). I bet Boise, ID is pretty funky cool too. Alas, I live in NH and can't afford (financially or time/space/continuum wise) to hop a flight to Boise for a night. Oh well. I hope you get lots of affirmative RSVPs and y'all have a groovy time!

Love your blog!

Amy :)

4/04/2006 6:34 PM

 
Blogger Alicia said...

Ya, I know I never comment on your blog...I'm a very bad commenter.

I am an Idahoan....(hey that gives me a blog idea...sorry, got off track.)

EmLouisa is like the coolest girl ever and one of my best friends. We live minutes from each other. I'm hoping to make it Saturday night, but still waiting for some details to work out.

5/17/2006 6:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home