On Her Flying Trapeze

Sunday, January 15, 2006

All of the Whatever

First of all, I have been FORBODDEN by my husband to post a picture of the mullet, which he says is not truly a mullet. He thinks it looks okay, it will grow out, and posting an image that I think is unflattering, to last forever and ever in cyberspace is just a bad idea.

This is sad because I think that picture may have been my last possible chance of upping my ranking in the BOB awards. There are rumors that the voting trends have to do with chest size (I know this is not true because I am only in 5th place right now), self-deprecating post titles (got em), or number of children (We're just getting started baby. We've got nowhere to go but up).

I think if mullet pictures were thrown into the mix, we could really turn this whole competition on its head.

Alas, maybe Dan is right. It's just not meant to be. I will be doing something to take the "long" out of my "short-long" but I haven't decided what yet. My friend's baby showed up at church today with the best hair I have ever seen.

baby b hair


Hmmmm...... How would it look on me?

baby b hair mom1


Van news - Our new license plate just arrived and it says IOU and then a number. If you see me driving around, don't get your hopes up. I don't owe you nuthin'!

Laylee news - She wears her Snow White dress at all times, and in all things and in all places. She has informed me that the bar soap in the bathroom is for princesses only. I am welcome to use the clear liquid soap. That is for mommies.

Magoo news - He's now a crawler, a creeper, a stander, and a cruiser - resulting in MFBHT.

Massive Fat-Boy Head Trauma:
Pull self up to stand.
Laugh so hard that breathing ceases.
Fling head backwards or forwards.
Fall and slam head into hard surface.
Look stunned or cry (if someone makes eye contact with you).
Repeat.

13 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

OH, it's you! It's you! That curly-do would guarantee you winning the BOB. (har har)

1/15/2006 10:29 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Your head morphed into that awesome hair... Is.Awesome!

btw:
My fish is still alive... and quit giving me that look!;)

1/16/2006 12:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about the MFBHT, but he'll most likely survie. You did!

Now you in the baby hair was slightly disquieting, but vaguely reminiscent of a certain misbegotten perm you had in grade 1. No amount of fancy hair accoutrements could make that "doo" look becoming. Maybe you should give up on this one and stick to the mullet. Hmm?

1/16/2006 4:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and BTW how does Laylee even fit into the Snow White dress from 2 Halloweens ago? Good grief, I know the kid is skinny, but sheesh!

1/16/2006 4:21 AM

 
Blogger Regina said...

DYM- you are just too funny! It's just not right to laugh so hard this early in the morning! And btw-love the curls, but a little bang-age would be good for you! ;)

1/16/2006 5:30 AM

 
Blogger Sugarmama said...

Our Bean has this exact same head trauma thing happening all the time now.

Oh, and what about a bob to take the long out of your short-long? It seems like bobs are flattering on most people...

1/16/2006 7:34 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

No, definitely not the curly baby head do. No, definitely not.

1/16/2006 7:36 AM

 
Blogger Heather said...

Please don't get that haircut. Don't do it. I just want to come squish Magoo! He is the custest boy in the land.

1/16/2006 11:34 AM

 
Blogger Susan said...

No no! BoB doesn't care about our cup size! Does he?

Dammit. Screwed by my flat chest ONCE AGAIN.

Please show the mullet. I'm begging you.

1/16/2006 12:38 PM

 
Blogger Kim C. said...

One of my girls lived in Ruby Slippers night and day for several weeks. She answered only to Dorothy (or, "Right durn-tootin' now, little girl!").
When we finally pried the shoes off her feet, they smelled so bad we put them right back on and left them there.
In the end, she did achieve a bit more moderation in wearing the shoes, (daytime hours only) but she wore them until the toe end was entirely gone and all 5 toes protruded a full inch beyond the end of the shoe.

1/16/2006 3:04 PM

 
Blogger Ortensia Norton said...

I'm dying to see your hair cut. I'm sorry it isn't what you hoped for though. And I'm voting like crazy, so hopefully the votes will start to count.

1/16/2006 6:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter got her hair cut the other day too.
It looked just like "Kristin" from Laguna Beach. For a day that is.

Now she can't get it styled that way again and is left with a layered mussy hairdo.

But she wanted a haircut something bad....

And the baby falling thing...my 2 year old went through a couple of months of having a new bruise every week. She fell trying to pick up a basketball and did a face plant in the gravel...that made a nice spotted bruise on her forehead.
Then she was bitten by a fellow toddler and had a bitemark bruise on her cheek.

the list goes on....but she rarely gets bruised now and when she does she has me kiss it constantly for weeks after it fades!

1/17/2006 8:56 AM

 
Blogger Chilihead2 said...

I don't know which on of those things to laugh at first.

1/17/2006 4:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home