On Her Flying Trapeze

Monday, October 10, 2005

Sick as a Dog and My Fish has an Eating Disorder

So, my throat is swollen, my ears are plugged and scratchy inside and I could easily win a green 11s contest with any two year old if I don’t carry around a box of tissues. I really wish I could call in sick today.

On top of that, I think Jack has an eating disorder. The fish food packet says he should eat 1-3 pellets 1-3 times each day. It says to feed him as much as he will eat and that he will let me know when he’s had enough. Well he eats more like 4-6 pellets 4-5 times a day. Then after engorging himself, he fatdogs it on the bottom of the bowl while he digests, every once in a while spitting back out one of the pellets and then eating it again when he has more room.

Laylee's eating habits are growing strange as well. She has lately been using her baby doll’s binky and asking me to drink from a bottle. She never took a bottle as an infant. But now it appears I’m weaning her onto one at age 2 and a half. Weird, but not worth fighting about.

I’m sticking to toast, diet soda, herbal tea and the occasional caramel sundae from the evil House of MacD. If anyone has a suggestion to get rid of a raging-cold - that is safe for nursing moms - please let me know.

4 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

feel better soon!

10/10/2005 3:01 PM

 
Blogger Nantie Meg said...

I had that cold last week- lots and lots of OJ!!

10/10/2005 9:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fish are sometimes like puppies -"If you feed him, he will eat". Don't give him more than the package reccommends or you will end up with a porker fish who fills the whole bowl (which by the way, you will have to clean 6 times as often).

10/11/2005 4:19 AM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

my fish does the exact same thing. i call him boss hog.

10/11/2005 5:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home