On Her Flying Trapeze

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Frugal Reader and Me

frugalI just got my first Frugal Reader book in the mail. It’s Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. I’m not sure I can read it during this first year of Big-O’s life, since I’m too anxious to watch the evening news or read half the content of Reader’s Digest. But, I’ve always wanted to read it and now (next year) I can. My favorite part of the Frugal Reader process was the envelope my book came in. There is something really appealing about having a great book sent to you for free from a stranger in Vermont, using an envelope that has been used to send great free books multiple times. It gives me a shiver, a good one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim C. said...

How cool! It sounds like all the fun of ebay but w/o shelling out any money!

10/10/2005 5:40 AM

 
Blogger owlhaven said...

This sounds like MY kind of deal!! I am, like, a charter member of AMAZON.com.... they would be heartbroken if I switched to this, but it would be way kinder on my credit card!

Mary, mom to many and lover of many books

4/23/2006 7:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home