On Her Flying Trapeze

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Out of the Trash

In our family, we prefer to eat our food "out of the trash."

Laylee - Can I please eat a cheese stick out of the trash? (Okay, maybe I inserted the please in there erroneously, but it's possible she did actually say it.)

Me - NO! Yuck! (Maybe our "three second rule" is stretching to the point where I see Magoo eating something from the floor and am relieved to see it's "just a cheerio" who-knows-how-old and I let him keep chowing away, but we do have SOME standards)

Laylee (tearing up) - Please can I have it out of the trash?

Me - No, but (handing her a string cheese) you can have a cheese stick out of the fridge.

Laylee - Please mommy please (handing it back and pulling at the wrapper). Can you take it out of the trash?

Me - Ahhhhh......."out of the trash" = sans wrapper. Got it!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how funny, that's definitely one to remember.

1/07/2006 1:49 PM

 
Blogger Sandi said...

I stumbled across your site, and right now I can't stop laughing. I thought my family was bad: we eat things like slop, sticks and stones, and catastrophe(things that normal families would know as chicken casserole, macaroni with meat sauce, and scrambled eggs). Our preference for odd-ball names started when my son refused to eat eat normal food so I started renaming everything in hopes he'd think it was okay to eat it since it didn't sound like healthy food.

1/07/2006 3:05 PM

 
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Moonface, you are a genius.

1/07/2006 3:31 PM

 
Blogger Heather said...

That is rad. Truly rad. Or it would have been rad in the early nineties. Now it is just a SWEET story. I'm relieved that Laylee wasn't begging for actual food out of the trash.

1/07/2006 10:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, funny, funny. You all are "trash talking" up there, are you? I knew Laylee was an early talker, but to be trash talking too??? .... when are you going to teach her some french and chinese? :)

1/08/2006 1:28 PM

 
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Makes sense to ME!!! Oh, wait, that must be because I, too, have a 3-year-old at home.

1/09/2006 6:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home