On Her Flying Trapeze

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wild Times in I-Dee-Hoe

Much has been said about the Idaho Bloggirls get-together last weekend. The other attendees' narrations of the evening are a lot of fun but a bit exaggerated to make it sound like THE BEST NIGHT EVER!!!!

I'm worried people are getting jealous so I think it's time I share my version of the events. Basically all we did was sit around, eat potatoes and surf the web. A few people talked via instant messenger across the table on their laptops.

The truth is, we’re all so socially inept, it’s become increasingly hard to speak with our voices or look at someone without a computer screen as a shield. Thank goodness Karen was able to find a restaurant with wireless internet AND killer french fries. Sadly, most of the girls forgot their webcams so I didn’t actually get to see them speak or move.

Man, those mashed potatoes were creamy.

I was able to pass my camera around the table and have everyone take pictures of themselves, which I then photoshopped together to make it look like we actually interacted.

idaho1

Karli, Stephanie and "Elizabeth", the girl Stephanie brought to trick us into thinking she has friends in real life

idaho2

Mary, April, Beth

idaho3

Heather and Taffi

idaho4

Emily, Alicia, Moi (yes, I do have a body to go with the floating head), and Brooke

It’s been said by many people that we were all afraid someone would turn out to be an old hairy man. No one was old, I was the only one that sounded like a man (it was a cold, I swear) and none but Alicia was plagued with facial hair.

idaho5

Karen and Heather are both lovely girls, AND no one ever said they don't have freakishly long tongues. They made us proud.

idaho6

Erin, my longtime "real" friend and new blogging friend looks exactly like Natalie Portman. Feel free to check out her site and encourage her.

Honestly, to quote Mr. Bingley, “Upon my honour I never met with so many pleasant girls in my life, as I [did that] evening; and there [were] several of them, you see, uncommonly pretty." We had a blast and I hope to meet many more of you, my internet girlfriends.

A girl in every “port”, ya know?

Also - Did anyone else see David Hasselhoff crying at the end of American Idol? Yeah… me too.

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

even with a shaved head, ms portman still looks stunning in v for vendetta :)..

5/25/2006 2:34 AM

 
Blogger Grammy said...

NOW I REALLY wish I had been there. This post cracked me up totally. Now I only "really" know you, Heather & Erin (a little), but you can't fool me! Oh the talking there must have been - and laughing!

And the Mr. Bingley quote...Priceless!

K, check out the new pictures on my blog if you can find a minute.

5/25/2006 3:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The truth comes out! Next time, Texas with chili and BBQ.

5/25/2006 3:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did see David Hasselhoff crying at American Idol, why do you suppose that was? Do you think it is because Taylor won or because Katherine lost? I have to admit that I was teary eyed when Taylor sang his song but I wanted him to win ever since Chris got kicked off.

5/25/2006 6:32 AM

 
Blogger jenny said...

so that WAS David Hasselhoff. hmm.

your bloggirls weekends sounds like it was a blast! glad you had fun :)

5/25/2006 6:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm actually a 50 year old transsexual male who's had great plastic surgery. So actually, you did meet a creepy old man.

5/25/2006 6:59 AM

 
Blogger R said...

David Hasselhoff? Michael Knight? Did he have Kit with him? My word, DYM - you are so stinkin' hilarious... LOVE your rendition of the Idaho get-together...

5/25/2006 7:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what excellent excellent photoshop skills you have!

5/25/2006 7:52 AM

 
Blogger Alicia said...

Now the whole world wide web knows about my facial hair problem *SOB*!

You know you want a kiss with my bristly mustache.

5/25/2006 7:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still jealous even if you did eat potatoes all evening! AND I'm soo glad that Taylor won! Woohoo!

5/25/2006 8:04 AM

 
Blogger emlouisa said...

Freaking. Hilarious.

And MAN Alicia's mustache grew back quickly. I made her wax it before we came!

5/25/2006 8:14 AM

 
Blogger Brooke said...

Loved your artwork on Alicia. Don't forget those tots--they were awesome too!

The Idols put on a great show last night. I'm still miffed about Chris getting the boot. After he left, I didn't care who won--they have the wrong guy in my opinion.

5/25/2006 8:22 AM

 
Blogger Angela said...

I saw David and that was the highlight for me. I didn't follow this season well, so I was clearly amused easily. You haven't lived until you've seen David H at his finest. The fur, the fish, the flying...oh the humanity. http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=Gi2CfuqcUGE

5/25/2006 8:54 AM

 
Blogger Super Happy Girl said...

I'm worried people are getting jealous: right, you are many days late with this comment, I'm so jealous!

Great pics (Mr. Bingley, I love you).

David Hasselhoff: my husband and I were like "is HE crying???"

5/25/2006 8:57 AM

 
Blogger Code Yellow Mom said...

you're hilarious.

Isn't it awesome how very many P&P quotes can be used in real-life, 21st century situations?

Although I hope I don't ever have occasion to seriously use, "Oh! Mr. Bennett! Are we all to be murdered in our beds?!"

And if you ever want to have a virtual get-together in DC, I'm your girl. Erin and other "real" friends can come, too.

5/25/2006 10:25 AM

 
Blogger R said...

Beth - that is NASTY! HAHA

5/25/2006 11:23 AM

 
Blogger tam said...

You are capable of putting the greates spin and fun to any given topic...what a gift you have!

5/25/2006 1:13 PM

 
Blogger Pam said...

Jeana, I'm in for the Texas chili and BBQ -- love the beef.

So glad ya'll had such great time!!

The David Hasselhoff thing was hilarious. Just so glad they didn't ask him to do a celebrity singing spot. Prince was more than enough . . . ewwwww!

5/25/2006 1:18 PM

 
Blogger Lei said...

Roflol.

5/25/2006 1:21 PM

 
Blogger oshee said...

Here I've been so jealous that I wasn't a part of when all you ladies got together and enjoyed each others company. But now you say you had Internet and Computers at the RESTAURANT too??? Wow..I am turning green with envy. Interesting women and Online Access...*swoon*...LOL :-D

It really does sound like a great time was had by all. I've enjoyed reading everyone accounts.

5/25/2006 1:36 PM

 
Blogger the lizness said...

OMG That was too funny.

Mashed potatoes. Webcams.

*wiping soda off my laptop screen now*

5/25/2006 1:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, and I love this post! :)

5/25/2006 4:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home